Middle School Distance Learning
Dear Middle School Families,
I hope this letter finds you and your family well, and that you were able to enjoy your Spring Break with some family time.
We are very excited in preparing to virtually connect with you on Tuesday, March 24th. Our Middle School is committed to making sure our students continue to launch into learning with excitement, realize their ability to make an impact, and discover their strengths as they go through our Maclay Middle School experience. With our campus being closed, Maclay School has developed an Instructional Continuity Plan as we transition into providing our students with a high-quality digital learning experience.
We will be using Schoology and Microsoft Teams as these are platforms that are accessible to all through either laptops or phones. Parents and students, please download Microsoft Teams on your phones if you have not done so yet. You will be able to communicate (i.e. text chats, audio and video calls, group meetings) with faculty members and classmates as students will be able to find their class groups and easily search for Maclay’s teachers and friends.
Our digital learning experience will begin on Tuesday, March 24 with a B Day. Below is our Digital Learning Class Schedule:
Wednesday, 3/25 - A Day
Thursday, 3/26 - B Day
Friday, 3/27- A Day
- HR- 8:45 – 8:55
- 1A/B- 9:00 – 9:45
- 2A/2B- 9:50 – 10:35
- Break 10:35 – 10:55
- 3/A3B- 10:55 – 11:40
- 4A/4B- 11:45 – 12:30
- Office Hours 1:00 – 1:45
The following are instructions/tips for our students to follow throughout our digital learning:
- Tuesday, March 24th-
- On Schoology, click on your 1B – 4B courses, complete the posted lessons and activities following the Digital Learning Class Schedule
- On Wednesday (March 25th), students will complete lessons and activities for 1A – 4A courses
- Please follow the A/B Day schedule the rest of the week (Tues.= B Day, Wed. = A Day, Thurs. = B Day, Fri. = A Day)
- Submit your work on the due date that is provided by your teacher
- If you need additional support, it is best to contact your teacher during the class time via the Join Microsoft Teams link (emailed by your teachers) or during daily office hours: 8:30 – 9:00 A.M.; 1:00-1:30 P.M.
- When you contact your teachers or any of your classmates, you are to use Schoology or Teams
- When contacting a teacher or classmate using video, it must be during the allotted schedule times.
- Although students are not required to wear Maclay uniforms when communicating with teachers or classmates, it is required for students to be wearing appropriate regular clothes abiding by the dress code and sitting on a seat (no wearing of pajamas and no sitting on bed).
In addition, Mrs. Anderson-Jackson (Middle School Office), Mrs. Couch, Mr. Ramer and I will be available from 8:15 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. As we move into our digital learning experience, we understand the need to be patient and flexible. We are excited about continuing to teach our students creatively and will make sure that all our efforts are in place as we navigate together.
If there are any questions or if there is any way that I can further help, please feel free to contact me any time.
Middle School Director
Please see the following links as resources for wellness: https://www.cybersafetycop.com/covid-19-and-your-childs-online-safety/ https://childmind.org/article/talking-to-kids-about-the-coronavirus/ https://www.nami.org/About-NAMI/NAMI-News/2020/NAMI-Updates-on-theCoronavirus https://www.nami.org