Maclay School works with with Private & Public School F-1 Exchange (PSE) for international students requiring a host family in the United States. If you are interested in exploring the possibility of studying at Maclay School for Upper School, please contact Kristina Neiman of PSE at firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit their website PSE.
If you are an international student that will be living with an immediate family member in Tallahassee, FL please contact Mr. Chad McClellan
, Director of International Students, at 850-893-2138 to discuss the admission process for International Students.
Additional Admission Requirements of International Students
- All international applicants (9th-11th) are required to take the TOEFL exam (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and receive an 88- 90 or higher for direct admission.
- International Applicants applying to grades 6th-8th (middle school) will need to take the TOEFL Junior Test
- The Admissions Committee will consider Upper School applicants with TOEFL scores of 80-89, but students will need one prior year in a US school
- Maclay School does not accept International Students applying to the 12th grade (we cannot accept seniors who are attending college in the US)
- A maximum of 4 students from the same foreign country may be present in the Upper School
- Successful Skype interview with Admissions Committee and Division Head
- Cutoff Date of Admission is July 1st each year for the fall term to ensure adequate time for student to process I-20 and arrive on campus for Orientation Week (Maclay School does not enroll Upper School International Students in the second semester).
- Arrive at Maclay School prior to Middle/Upper School orientation to meet with Admissions, Division Head, Director of International Students and Guidance Counselor.