Our mission is to provide each student and parent with timely and accurate counseling to navigate the college decision process. The most important part of this process is the concept of “fit.” Ultimately, we partner with the family in the college admission process. Parents, faculty, and college counselors are “advocates,” but the “driver” in the process must be the student.
Along this journey, students will
- Have many different opportunities to be exposed to various colleges and universities.
- Have the opportunity to sit in on informational sessions with college admissions representatives.
- In the freshman year in partnership with the Freshman Academy, we will begin the process to review college plans, to understand academic and extracurricular goals, and to give guidance as to which college options would be the best match for the student’s particular career interest.
The College Counselors adhere to the following principles as they advise students and parents:
- We advise students as to their best options for college based on the “best fit” for a particular student.
- We work diligently to stay current on college admissions trends at both the state and national levels and to maintain relationships with our college admission colleagues.
- Our college admissions, school and college advising, and independent school experiences enables us to better understand the nuances of college admission and to guide students through the process.
- We will not tell students where they cannot apply or where they should enroll.
Please take time to review the resources given on this page or the links to the left. We look forward to walking the journey to college with you.Maclay's college counseling program impacts EVERY Maclay student. It culminates on Graduation day when ALL students begin their next journey to the college of their choice. Congrats to our 91 members of the Class of 2019, who were offered over $11 MILLION in Merit-Based Scholarships! For more information, please review the other topics on our site or contact us at (850) 894-0841.Maclay College Counseling is a Member of: