The MCA (formally MPO) has a new focus – a focus on Connecting our Community – and that means you! Whether you are new to Maclay or have a senior graduating in 2023, we want to connect you with other parents and families through our on-campus events, socials, and supporting the school’s programs. We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities, both new and old, and we are excited to get you involved.
Whether you have an hour, once a week, or once a month to offer your time, there's a place for you and your family here.
Please join us and get involved!
Maclay Community Association Leadership Board
Chair: Jennifer Benners
Vice Chair: Carrie McNeill
Volunteer Coordinator: TBA
Treasurer: Sophie Smith
PreK3 Representatives: Adrian Roberts and Jaime Grant
PreK3 Representatives: Traing Bui and Kylie Weida
Lower School Representative: Danielle Buchannan
Middle School Representative: Tanya Evers
Upper School Representative: TBA
- Welcome Coffee and Volunteer Fair: August 10
- Spaghetti Supper: September 9
- GRANDpeoples Day and Celebration of the Arts: March 3
- Teacher Appreciation: April 27
- Maclay Auction: TBD
- Arts Support Committee
- Athletics Support Committee
- Special Area Support Committee (LS)
- Lost and Found
- Uniform Resale
- Charleston Wrap On-Line Sale
- School Supply Sale (LS/MS)
- Power Hour Volunteer (1st Friday of the month)
- Donuts with Dads or special friend: September 23
- Daddy Daughter Dance: February 10
- Muffins with Mom: May 5
- Senior Mothers Luncheon
- Middle School Socials
- 8th Grade Spring Breakfast
- 7th/8th Grade Spring Dance
- TruBru Tuesday – coffee after drop off (1st Tue. of mo)
- Grade Level Parent Socials (9-12)
- Business Directory
MCA welcomes all parents or a special guests to attend our family events.
Additional events and volunteer opportunities can be viewed on the volunteer inquiry form.
Our Mission is focused on community, engagement, and connecting families together while supporting the faculty and staff who are educating our children everyday.
For questions, reach out at MCA@maclay.org
Who: All parents and guardians of Maclay students are automatically a member of the MCA. No fees or forms are needed membership.
What: MCA is focused on providing opportunities for all parents and guardians to volunteer and connect with our school community and with each other.
Why: The partnership between our parents and the School is an essential component to that success. We also appreciate that our parents want to be a part of our community and have talents and expertise to share.
How: Whether you have an hour a day or once a year, your time is valuable and needed. We want our MCA to be your connection to our campus, our families and our community.