The MCA (formally MPO) has a new focus – a focus on Connecting our Community – and that means you! Whether you are new to Maclay or have a senior graduating in 2023, we want to connect you with other parents and families through our on-campus events, socials, and supporting the school’s programs. We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities, both new and old, and we are excited to get you involved.
Whether you have an hour, once a week, or once a month to offer your time, there's a place for you and your family here.
Please join us and get involved!
Maclay Community Association Leadership Board
Chair: Jennifer Benners
Vice Chair: Carrie McNeill
Volunteer Coordinators: Emillye James and Sara Jacobs
Secretary: Lindsay Conrad
Treasurer: Sophie Smith
PreK Representative: Kristy Crowder
Lower School Representative: Danielle Buchanan
Middle School Representative: Tanya Evers
Upper School Representative: Betsy Couch
MCA Calendar 2022-23
One School Events
- Welcome Coffee and Volunteer Fair
- Spaghetti Supper: September 9 Chair: Emily Farber
- Veterans Salute Co-Chairs: Emillye James and Casi Chaney
- GRANDpeoples Day and COTA: March 3 Chair: Lisa Jackson
- Teacher Appreciation: April 27 Chair: Sarah Fixel
- Maclay Auction: April 1 Co-Chairs: Melissa Dobak and Adrian Roberts
- TruBru Tuesday – coffee after drop off
- Sept. 6, Oct. 4, Nov. 1, Dec. 6, Feb. 7, Mar. 7, Apr. 4
- Grade Level Parent Socials (9-12)
- Business Directory
MCA welcomes all parents or a special guests to attend our family events.
Additional events and volunteer opportunities can be viewed on the volunteer inquiry form.
- Arts Support Committee: Co-Chairs: Rachel Chumney and Garrett Robinson
- Athletics Support Committee: Chair Colette Podgorski
- Special Area Support Committee (LS): Co-Chairs Heather Redfield and Diane Guzman
- Maclay Maintenance Team Lunches: Brittany Dean
- Lost and Found Co-Chairs: Maryam Price and Christina Riccardi
- Uniform Resale: Co-Chairs Courtney Roberts, Sara Jacobs, and Allison Barineau
- Charleston Wrap On-Line Sale Co-Chairs Jennifer Brookins and Christina Cronin
- School Supply Sale (LS/MS)
- Exam Cram Breaks (MS/US) Chair Renee Beshears
- Power Hour Volunteer (1st Friday of the month)
- Donuts with Dads or special friend: September 23 Co-Chairs Ashlei Richardson and Kara Hackney
- Mother Son Social: January 29 Chair: Sophie Smith
- Daddy Daughter Dance: February 10 Co-Chairs Erika MacLeod and Tiffany Little
- Muffins with Mom: May 5 Co-Chairs Maria Hurst, Samantha Strickland, and Ashley Whitehurst
- Senior Mothers Luncheon Co-Chairs Carri Lauder, Holly Webb, and Garrett Robinson.
- Middle School Socials
- 8th Grade Spring Breakfast Chair Ginny Yearty
- 7th/8th Grade Spring Dance
Our Mission is focused on community, engagement, and connecting families together while supporting the faculty and staff who are educating our children everyday.
For questions, reach out at MCA@maclay.org
Who: All parents and guardians of Maclay students are automatically a member of the MCA. No fees or forms are needed membership.
What: MCA is focused on providing opportunities for all parents and guardians to volunteer and connect with our school community and with each other.
Why: The partnership between our parents and the School is an essential component to that success. We also appreciate that our parents want to be a part of our community and have talents and expertise to share.
How: Whether you have an hour a day or once a year, your time is valuable and needed. We want our MCA to be your connection to our campus, our families and our community.