Preparing young students for the next level of learning.
Maclay truly knows Middle School. Our curriculum is designed to meet the changing physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of our Middle School students, providing a seamless and supportive transition from Lower School.
The result: Middle School is when Maclay students become inspired to make an impact. As they find themselves among a community of high achievers and bright thinkers who share a passion for doing their best, Middle School students learn how to be both strong learners and purposeful citizens.
- School begins at 8am and ends at 3pm each day. An afterschool center is available until 6pm at no cost.
- A block schedule is used in Middle School which is four classes a day and rotating A/B days.
- A full athletic program is offered for Middle School students only.
- Leadership programs include Student Council, Beta Club, and the Student Ambassadors.
- A Middle School Guidance Counselor and academic support are a part of support services.
Middle School students study language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, and world languages. They also participate in physical education classes and explore enrichment courses in art, theatre, computer science, robotics, expressions, life skills, and logic.
Balance of Learning, Understanding and Exploring ... a signature program that allows students to try new things and follow their interests.
Maclay Middle School students grow by facing challenges, and through these experiences, they develop character, compassion, respect, and honor. Maclay students become not only strong learners and leaders.
At the Middle School Level, students are introduced to a wider variety of art experiences ranging from the visual arts to the performing arts and beyond. They also have the opportunity to take courses in band and chorus.
Maclay offers and entire fleet of Middle School sports teams under the direction of Middle School Athletics Director Raf Harris. Be a part of a team and learn lifelong skills as a Marauder.