STEAM: Hot Glass Academy
In celebration of STEAM all demonstrations will highlight multiple curriculums between ranges of age groups by working with a fluid molten material. There will be a handmade market of hand-blown pumpkins for purchase to help raise funds for Maclay School as well as the Hot Glass Academy’s visiting artists. These prices will range anywhere from $30-200 depending on the item. What a fun way to bring everyone out to the new innovation center as well!
There are only 40 spots available if you are interested in doing a small group workshop with the artists! You will have a hands on experience and make your own art piece. It is $56 per person and you will be able to keep the artwork you make! Artwork will be available for pick up the following day. Students, parents, alumni, teachers, or anyone from the community is welcomed! Ages 8 and up.
If you are interested in volunteering or participating please email Kaitlyn Dressel at email@example.com. There is a need for at least 10 spots each day to help with demos, workshops, and artwork. Remember, there are only 40 spots available so email ASAP if you would like to guarantee your spot
- • 9:35-10:05 AM | DEMO 1: “How Glass Can Be Unbreakable”
- • 10:45-11:15 AM | DEMO 2: “Physics: How Glassblowers Use Centrifugal Force”
- • 12:30-1:00 PM | DEMO 3: “Chemistry into Art”
- • 2:00-2:30 PM | DEMO 4: “Art Meets Function”
- • 2:30-4:20 PM | Workshop #1 *AP Art Students
- • 5:00-8:00 PM | Preview Party!
- • 10:00-11:50 | Workshop #2
- • 12:45-2:35 | Workshop #3
- • 2:45-4:35 | Workshop #4
- • 10:00-11:50 | Workshop #5
- • 12:45-2:35 | Workshop #6
- • 2:45-4:35 | Workshop #7