Maclay School is looking for energetic and motivated substitute teachers to work with students at all levels, from elementary to high school. The best candidates are flexible and have an interest in working with children (age 5 through 12th grade) within the educational setting. Official experience and/or a state teaching license is good, but we welcome those with informal experience too. This position is "as needed" and there is no guarantee of hours/days. Many substitute assignments are arranged by phone call the day/night before or morning of the assignment.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Must be able to execute the teacher’s lesson plans and maintain the classroom in a professional manner.
- The ability to work positively and professionally with students, parents and faculty
- A high degree of professionalism, collegiality, and personal conduct both in and outside of school
- Ability and judgment to communicate thoroughly, accurately and concisely with all constituents in a school environment, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to successfully pass a Federal and FDLE background check
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, completed Maclay School Employment Application, and two letters of reference to Charles Beamer, Assistant Head of School at email@example.com.
**It is the policy of Maclay School not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.**