Maclay is pleased to provide Naviance Student as a support to our college counseling program. Naviance is a comprehensive college and career readiness solution for high schools that helps align student strengths and interests to post-secondary goals, and improve student outcomes. Each Maclay Upper School and Middle School family is provided login access to the resources available through Naviance.
Naviance Student is a powerful software platform designed to:
- Help students determine and manage a personal plan and attainable goals related to college and career aspirations.
- Help students become more self-aware of their strengths and interests so as to inform decisions related to career discovery.
- Naviance will be used in both the group college counseling sessions as well as individual meetings. Students and parents are encouraged to use the software at home too.
Naviance Student allows the student to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process - Build a resume, online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Research colleges - Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school for student who have applied and been admitted in the past.
- Research careers - Research hundred of careers and career clusters, and take career assessments.
- Create plans for the future - Create goals and to-dos, and complete tasks assigned by the school to better prepare your student for future college and career goals.
Naviance Student also lets us share information with each student about upcoming college visits, meetings and events, local scholarship opportunities, and other resources for college and career information.
We hope you find this resource helpful. If you have any questions about Naviance Student, please contact the college counseling office.
For Naviance Tutorials and Videos, Click Here