Key Features Explained
This file as a PDF file to print.
Current generation of standards are 802.11n , 802.11ac
· Single band supports only the 2.4GHz band
· Lots of wireless devices (phones, computers, appliances, etc) use this band – therefore, it’s very “congested” or “noisy” and can inhibit performance
· Dual band supports both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz band
· 5GHz band is much less congested, therefore providing a better wireless experience especially for things like wireless display (WiDi / Miracast)
Which processor:When it comes to choosing a processor, keep in mind that a higher number generally indicates better performance. Depending on the number of cores within each processor, you can get more multitasking capability, extra speed or advanced media capability.
· For magnetic hard drives, the speed of the drive, measured in RPM, indicates the performance of the drive. Generally speaking, a higher RPM means higher performance.
· Solid-state drives have no moving parts. SSDs provide an outstanding overall level of storage performance. Solid-state drives — with no moving parts — have the highest durability with up to 15 times more shock and impact resistance than the standard desktop hard drives.