iPad Initiative – Grades four and five
iPad Rules for the Classroom
1. All iPads must be fully charged each morning ready for the school day.
2. Each student should properly store the iPad in his/her desk when not in use.
3. The iPad should remain in the case at all times.
4. Students will need to turn off 3G/4G service to ensure all students are filtered by our content filter while at school.
5. The iPad is a learning tool to be used at school. Students must follow the directions given by the teacher and not be on other sites or doing other activities without the permission or guidance from the teacher.
6. Each student should review the homework on Schoology Each day. It is the responsibility of the student to plan out study times at home and to review the Schoology Calendar for all classes.
7. Each student should only use his/her iPad.
8. The settings and Apps should not be altered unless directed by a teacher.
9. If a student discovers an inappropriate site, they should immediately click on the back button and then report this to the teacher.
10. Do not leave your iPad at school overnight.
11. Not having the iPad at school does not excuse work not being turned in when due. Consequences will be determined consistent with not being prepared for class.
12. While personalized screensavers, wallpapers, and protective covers are permitted, inappropriate images will not be allowed.
13. All students should recognize and guard their personal and private information. While on the Internet, students shall not reveal personal information, including a home address or phone number or the address or phone number of others.
14. The iPad comes equipped with both front and rear-facing camera and video capacities. As with all recording devices, it is best practice and common courtesy to ask permission before recording an individual or group.