THURSDAY, OCTOBER 19th, 2017
Birthdays: None today
Special meeting for all Jr. Beta Club members in Mrs. Masferrer's classroom
Detention Hall in Room 51
Junior Company will meet this afternoon until 5 p.m. The "Honey, Honey" girls need to come during afternoon h/r to re-choreograph! it is mandatory for everyone attending the Districts on Saturday to be in attendance today so that you can all rehearse and discuss final travel plans.
Brain Bowl has practice in Room 43
Detention Hall in the MS office
Games/Sports Scheduled Today
MS girls' soccer practice will be held all week: 3:15 to 5:15. Your grey training tee-shirt is to be worn on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and your navy-blue one on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Boys' soccer begins on Monday.
MS girls' basketball tryouts will begin this coming Monday at 3:15 in the Cartee Gym. Practice ends at 5:00. Your FHSAA forms must be completed before you tryout. If you have any questions about the team or tryouts, please see Mr. Peter Smith (Room 58).
MS boys' basketball tryouts have begun. If your player cannot make it or if you have any questions about the team or tryouts, please contact Coach Ryland Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your FHSAA forms must be already completed. Tryout schedule is as follows:
Saturday (October 21): 8:00am-11:00am (Webster)
Monday (October 23): 3:15pm-5:15pm (Blacktop)
Tuesday (October 24): 3:15pm-5:15pm (Blacktop)
1. Grandparents' Day is tomorrow. If you want to go to see your Lower School brother or sister in their performance, you must have written parental permission to go, and you must sign out in the MS office before you join them.
2. Because it is Grandparents day tomorrow, your lunch routine will be just a little bit different. Enter the Cartee gym in the usual way, but, exit by the door facing the parking lot. go around that side of Cartee and head to the playground by the big Oak Tree.
3. The Box Top contest will continue ONLY until tomorrow. The MS grade that ends up with the most box tops will win a dress down day (no uniforms!). Containers for each grade are placed on the blue bench outside the MS office.
4. The Junior class is now taking orders for Hallow-grams. Order forms can be printed out from your h/r teacher, or picked up from the MS office.
5. Junior Beta applications are now available for any interested 7th or 8th grader who meets the qualifications and would like to apply. Applications are in the MS office and are due by tomorrow (instead of Oct. 25).
6. The following football players need to bring their football jerseys to school tomorrow and meet outside the MS office (tomorrow) at the beginning of lunch: Kolton L________, Eli P__________, Sean H_____________, Brock H____________, Jim M__________, Micah V___________.
7. Now that cooler weather is here, we are reminding you of our dress code standards for all "outerwear." You may wear any heavy winter coat of your choice (as long as it doesn't have any symbols that are considered offensive). Hoodies, lightweight jackets, sweaters, sweater vests, or sweatshirts must have the Maclay logo or be an authorized Maclay team or club sweater/sweatshirt.
Word of the Week: Regulate (v) - from the Latin root word: REG meaning "to rule." Regulate means to control or direct in agreement with a rule.
Thought for the Day: "Happiness is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."