Our mission is to provide each student and parent with timely and accurate counseling to navigate the college decision process. The most important part of this process is the concept of “fit.” Ultimately, we partner with the family in the college admission process. The “driver” in the process must be the student. Parents, faculty, and counselors are “advocates.”
Along this journey, we will provide our students with many different opportunities to be exposed to various colleges and universities. We will also host informational sessions for students, parents and provide group counseling opportunities. In the freshman year, we will begin meeting individually with each student annually to review college plans, to understand academic and extracurricular goals, and to give guidance as to which college options would be the best match for the student’s particular career interest.
The College Counselors adhere to the following principles as they advise students and parents:
- We focus on college enrollment and the processes that lead to that decision.
- We advise students as to their best options for college based on the “best fit” for a particular student.
- We will not tell students where they cannot apply or where they should enroll.
- We work diligently to stay current on college admissions trends at both the state and national levels.
- We may not have all the answers, but our college admissions experience enables us to better understand the nuances of college enrollment management and guide high school students through the process.
Please take time to review the resources given on this page or the links to the left. We look forward to walking the journey to college with you.Maclay's college counseling program impacts EVERY Maclay student. It culminates on Graduation day when ALL students begin their next journey to the college of their choice. Congrats to our 80 members of the Class of 2018, who were offered over $6 MILLION in Merit-Based Scholarships! For more information, please review the other topics on our site or contact us at (850) 894-0841.Maclay College Counseling is a Member of: